Fri, May 05|
Kongo Bakulu Festival
Venerate the Kongo ancestors with the Royal Leopard Family
Time & Location
May 05, 7:00 PM – May 07, 7:00 PM
Savannah, Savannah, GA, USA
About the Event
Isis Moon welcomes you to "Experience the Congo" and venerate the Kongo Ancestors.
If you are initiated to a Kongo based spiritual system...
If you feel or know that you have a strong line of Kongo ancestors...
If you are just interested in supporting an amazing event to venerate the contributions of the ancestors from the powerful Kingdom of Kongo...
Then you DO NOT want to miss this event!
What is the purpose of this festive occassion?
- To bring awareness of the significance of the Kingdom of Kongo and it's impact on the African Diaspora
- To provide exposure of the culture of the Kongo: language, art, music, dance, food, etc.
- To continue bridging the gap between the Kongo and those of the African Diaspora around the world
- To provide an understanding of traditional Kongo Ancestral Spirituality and practices
- To educate on significant Kongo ancestors and historical figures who left their mark around the world
As an initiate of the Kongo mpungu Nsasi (the spirit of fire and lighnting), a princess of the Bateke tribe of Brazzaville-Congo, and the Ambassador of the African Diaspora for the United Kingdoms of Africa Association, Iya J. will be bringing her Royal Leopard Family together for this ONE OF A KIND event.
Fri, May 5: A Night In The Kongo: Kingdom Style
- Step out in style with the Royal Leopard Family
- HRM (His Royal Majesty) King Tchiffi Zie Jean Gervais from the Ivory Coast and King of the United Kingdoms of Africa Association
- HRM (Her Royal Majesty)) Queen Mother Dowoti Desir from Haiti (queenmotherdowoti.org)
- Representative of the Bateke Tribe (Brazza-Congo), Queen Eugenie Opou
- Dress Code: A Formal Affair
Sat May 6: Rooted In The Kongo
- Visit the Savannah African Art Museum as a group
- Visit the 1st African Baptist Church (tentative)
Sun, May 7: Atonement and Ancestor Appeasements
- Underground Tours of Savannah (Walking Tour) and Libations with Ms. Patt Gunn
- Offerings received for the Kongo ancestors: Bring your offerings
- Suggested Attire: Comfortable clothing for walking outdoors
RSVP FOR EXACT LOCATION & OTHER DETAILS
Location: Savannah, Georgia
- Attendance is paid by donation. Suggested donation prices are provided in the tickets. However, you can choose your own donation amount.
- Tickets are for the entire 3 day event.
- Addresses of exact locations will be announced and sent to all contributors.
VIEW OUR SPONSORSHIP PRESENTATION & PACKAGES
Special Guest Details:
HRH, Queen Mother Dowoti Desir
A Queen Mother for Our Times, Her Royal Majesty is the first Queen Mother of the African Diaspora on the African continent. Queen Mother Sêmévo, was enthroned at the Royal Palace of Dada Agonlinhossou Yéto Kandji Otti. She is a member of the Haut Conseil des Rois du Bénin [the High Council of the Kings of Bénin]. The Kpodjito “Mother of the Leopard” is a Pan-Africanist and spiritual leader, whose mandate includes establishing an accelerated plan for repatriating members of the African Diaspora to Bénin. She also supports the women and children of Bénin through various projects.
King David (King Tchiffi Zie Jean Gervais)
His Majesty Tchiffi ZIE Jean Gervais born in Dadane,Côte d'Ivoire (also known as Ivory Coast). He is recognized internationally as a humanitarian, visionary and an African Development activist. He is a world renowned figure that has advised the African Union and has addressed its general assembly and Heads of Government on several occasions.. His Majesty Tchiffi ZIE was aware that the founding fathers of Pan Africanism, that advocated the humanism and unity of Africa, and who knew the history of the black man, laid the foundation of the deep need and reflection of the return of the Diaspora to Africa. From 2015, His Majesty Tchiffi Zie actively started to promote the return of his people, his children, who are displaced Africans all over the world due to slavery. He has assisted tremendously in the establishment of the Forum of Sovereign and Traditional Leaders of Africa, a body that seeks to focus on the rural development of Africa at large. He was re-elected as Secretary General Permanent during a gathering of Sovereigns and Traditional Leaders in Equitorial Guinea during September 2013.
From $50.00 to $150.00
From $50.00 to $150.00
Sale endedPrice optionPriceQuantityTotal
Pay what you want
Purchase a ticket based and select your own donation amount
Pay what you want