Fri, Apr 01|
Yemoo and Oshun Festival '22
Experience the blessing of the Divine Feminine. Be apart of History.
Time & Location
Apr 01, 2022, 7:00 PM – Apr 03, 2022, 11:00 PM
Savannah, Savannah, GA, USA
About the Event
The Divine Feminine ~ The Great Creative Energy of the Universe
Yemoo, the Mother of Us All, the Mother of the Universe, the Mother of the World
***Yemoo is not to be confused with Yemoja/Yemaya. They are two different Orisha***
With little known about our mysterious mother Yemoo, we have yet to experience a public celebration dedicated to her in this area or quite possibly in this country. As an initiated priestess of Yemoo, Iya J. will be celebrating her 1st year crowned to her mother Yemoo. Named Orisadara ("The Orisa that performs wonders"), she plans an extravaganza for all those in attendance.
Osun/Oshun. the Feminine Power of Authority and Influence, the One Who Sits On The Throne, the First Feminine Irunmole to come to the earth, the Leader of the Town of Women
Though quite popular, Osun is often misunderstood and dwindled down to a sort of sex goddess. However, Osun, the One Who Sits On Top, is so multifaceted and more than deserving of honor in the highest ways. Iya J. will be celebrating her initiation as an Osun priestess. Named Oyinleye (depending on the tonal marks ~ "Honey has prestige" or "Honey Bird"), she honors her mother in the most renowned way with great stature and prominence.
With the anniversary of both initiations falling only weeks apart, it is a celebration that will be unmatched. Come join Iya J. in this beautiful experience.
Fri, April 1: The Festival Of Lights & Gelede Masquerade (6 PM - 10 PM)
- Featuring Special Guest: Yeye Luisah Teish, renowned Osun priestess of 50 years and author of "Jambalaya: The Natural Women's Book Of Personal Charms and Practical Rituals" (value: priceless)
- 16 Lights Ceremony: Honoring Osun Osogbo
- Gelede Masquerade: Honoring Yemoo and tribute to the Divine Mothers (value: priceless)
- Includes Appetizers and Cocktails
- Dress Code: All White Attire
Sat April 2: Sunrise Ritual Baths (6AM - 8AM) Spiritual Clinic & Marketplace (10 AM - 4 PM) Evening Toast (8PM - 11PM)
- Spiritual Healing Clinic: Ibori Rituals (Offerings to your Head) (value: $500 & up)
- Spiritual Healing Clinic: Sunrise Ritual Baths (On-site Cleansing & Healing for Self-Love) (value: $250 & up)
- Sacred Women's Circle: Discussing very intimitate topics
- Featuring Guest Speakers: Iya Oyelola Elebuibon (Virtual) and Oyinkansola Elebuibon, the wife and daughter of the Araba of Osogbo, Nigeria, Osun State. The title "Araba" is given to the highest/chief Ifa priest of a specified area. They will be providing guidance on Yemoo, Osun, and other Orisha. (value: priceless)
- Vendors of various businesses
- Evening Toast on Riverstreet with drumming procession
Sun, April 3: Yemoo & Osun's Procession (10 AM - 12 PM) Bembe Drumming Ceremony (2 PM - 6PM)
- Collection of offerings to Yemoo & Osun
- Yemoo and/or Osun African Print Cloth to be worn over your clothing during the procession
- Procession to River for Offerings
- Drumming Ceremony to call on the Orisha (value: priceless)
- Light Food & Drink Refreshments
- Dress Code: All White, Yellow, or Both Yellow & White (Clothing can be african print with yellow and/or white as main colors)
More Details To Come...
Locations: Savannah, Georgia
- All events will be held on the river except the Clinic & Marketplace which will be near the ocean
- Addresses of exact locations will be announced and sent to all paid attendees.
- Please contact Iya J. for hotel recommendations if needed
Contact Iya J. if installment payments are needed (Text: 404-358-3218)
Day 1 - 2: Mask, Heal & Toast
Attendance for Day 1 and Day 2 Includes: Festival of Lights, Gelede Masquerade, Ibori Ritual, Spiritual Baths, Ifa Orisha products, Workshops, and Evening Toast Please see event details for specific Agenda and Special Guests
Day 1 - 3: All Weekend Celeb
Attendance for Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 Includes: Festival of Lights, Gelede Masquerade, Ibori Ritual, Spiritual Baths, Ifa Orisha products, Workshops, Evening Toast, River Procession, Drumming Ceremony, and Light Refreshments
DEPOSIT ~ PAYMENT INSTALLMENT
For those who would like to pay in installments, this deposit will hold your spot for this amazing event. Please describe in the "Comments" section of the Registration Form which ticket/days that you would like your deposit to be credited towards. Your remaining balance is due by March 19, 2022. If further payment arrangements are needed, text this request to 404-358-3218